Expertise: Fundraising, Marketing and Commercial Strategies
Probably the most important issue after setting the festival’s vision is creating the financial model within which the event will operate. Striking a realistic balance between public and private investment is key to success. FEI’s network includes some of the country’s most successful fundraisers and commercial managers, expert in:
- Fundraising strategies and applications
- Sponsorship proposals including naming rights
- Bidding for specific events
- Identifying, developing and managing key stakeholder relationships
- Major donor development.
Without effective marketing, even the most exciting event will fail to reach its potential both in terms of earned income and profile for the festival and its location. Many Festivals and their stakeholders have ambitious social targets to attract new and non-traditional audiences of all age ranges and Education and Outreach projects can be an important tool for building audiences. FEI have expertise in:
- Audience Development strategies
- Marketing and Communications strategies and plans
- Brand development
- Customer Relationship Management.
Earned income will inevitably be a crucial part of the budget of any festival or event. Ticketing is not just a sales function but the beginning of a long-term relationship between promoter and audience. FEI expertise includes:
- Specifying and selecting ticketing systems
- Managing ticketing operations
- Selecting a ticket agent
- Optimization of ticket revenue.
Festivals and events offer many other commercial opportunities and FEI has practical experience of:
- Bars and catering
- Merchandise and other concessions
- Intellectual property, recording rights and broadcast arrangements.
FEI have written a new marketing strategy for Northern Ballet Theatre, a fundraising strategy for Three Choirs Festival, a commercial strategy for Blair International Horse Trials, a fundraising development plan for Pembrokeshire Fish Week and numerous marketing and funding plans.